At our Almasri & Marzwanian Law Group, we represent clients who are charged with a felony whether the charge is brought in state or federal court.
Texas has different classifications of felonies and the penalty involved depends on the classification.
- Capital Felony. Murder is an example of a capital felony which is punishable by death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- First-degree felony. This carries a penalty of between five and 99 years in prison, or life imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felony. A second-degree felony carries a punishment ranging from two to 20 years in prison with a fine up to $10,000.
- Third-degree felony. This classification carries a penalty of between two and 10 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- State jail felony. If the statute designates a crime as a felony but fails to set a specific sentence for the offense, then the punishment is a minimum of 180 months and up to two years in state jail and a fine of up to $10,000.
Some offenses, such as drug crimes, can be charged in either state or federal court. If convicted in federal court, the penalties are generally greater.
The AM Law Group Attorneys provide the best possible defense
Your freedom is at risk for conviction of any felony. In addition, when you are released, you may lose your right to vote. You may lose any professional license you have and find it difficult to find a job, a place to live, or even a car loan.
Your best chance at avoiding these dire consequences is to work with us at Almasri & Marzwanian Law Group. We are dedicated to protecting all of your constitutional rights and to providing you the best defense possible whether in state or federal court.
FREE consultation in different languages
This takes time, so do not wait. Contact us for a confidential, no-obligation, free consultation. Although there are no guarantees in the law, the sooner we begin working together the better the chances are for success. In order to better serve you, our staff members also speak Arabic, Spanish, and Armenian.
Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Have the Skills You Need
Our attorneys at the Almasri & Marzwanian Law Group have compassion for what you and your family members are going through. We also want to help, so we offer a free, no-obligation consultation. We will discuss the case with you or your designated family member who is acting on your behalf.
If we decide to work together, we work on a contingency, so there is no legal fee unless we win your case. In order to better serve you, our staff members also speak Arabic, Spanish, and Armenian.
Do not let the time you have to file your claim for damages expire. Contact us now to schedule your consultation.